Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Roads of Avoidance

"A person often meets their destiny, on the road they took to avoid it.” - Jean de La Fontaine

As much as I have tried to avoid "this", "this girl's life", I think it might actually be my destiny. I have tried many roads of avoidance, but none have worked. And I have exhausted my avenues. I mean, how many roads must we try before we admit that the destination that we keep coming to is the one, is not just the destination, but the destiny?

And to be honest, that's only the half of it I guess. There is obviously a part of me that is "over the moon". I mean, if the "girl inside" finally has a chance to be free, and to express herself freely, then obviously "SHE" would be over the moon.

And yes, by saying that, I AM saying that I am transgendered. It's a fact of life. It's a fact of MY life. Ironically I guess I have suspected it for soooo long, and I have flirted with it, and run from it. But now it's possibly time to "embrace it". And that is what I am doing.

So, this "Girl" inside, or in other words, ME, is finally beginning to see who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment