Monday, December 30, 2013

Something Trans

Interesting title.  I just thought I should write about something trans today.  After all it's a part of who I am.  It's a part of my journey.  I am transgender.  I know some people are reluctant to use that word, and honestly I was that way for a long time.  I was reluctant to think of myself as transsexual.

Sometimes it's important to look back where I have come from and see the path I have taken to get to this place.  I have had my surgery.  And let me say that "this side of the fence", this side of surgery is different from what I expected.

There are the little things that I wasn't expecting ... like having a vagina is a little messy.  So much easier just being able to "shake" the little guy down there when I was done.  Now it's really hard to be clean and dry.

Dilating is interesting too.  I have a confession to make there.  I haven't been dilating as much as I should.  Eeek.  I dilate once a day for about 30 minutes, but I am meant to be doing that morning and night.  I don't do it in the morning.  I find it nearly impossible to have the energy to get up early in the morning to do that when my energy levels have been so depleted from the surgery.

And that is probably the biggest thing I have had to get used to.  Having the surgery for me was like having glandular fever all over again.  I have seriously not had the energy I was expecting.  My GP told me that I would probably feel that way for 6 months, and she could very well be right.  It's almost 4 months, and I am still feeling rather tired.

On the up side, I love my life now.  I can't say that enough times.  I never, ever thought that I would get to have these experiences.  I am forever thankful for that.  I love being me.  I love being seen for being me.  And I don't miss wearing a mask.  I Love Being Me!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment