Monday, January 6, 2014

Random acts of kindness

Just when it was time to leave work this afternoon the heavens opened up and gave us a spectacular storm.  It got so dark outside it was like midnight.  Crazy.  I wondered how I was going to get to my car.  I had recently moved desks and had hoped that the half broken umbrella at my old desk might still be there, but alas no it wasn't.  So I had every intention of braving the rain to get to my car.  I so didn't feel like staying at work any longer than I needed to.  Once the idea gets in my head to leave work I am gone.  I can't say I have ever been one to work back unless it has been scheduled.

Fortunately as I stood at the door to run into the rain a man with his ute was standing near the door getting something from the building.  He offered to drive me to my car.

I don't need rescuing.  I already have my rescuer in Giselle.  But it was nice all the same to have someone do something nice like that for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment